I don’t have any particular thing to write about, but it seems that I have a lot to write about at the same time. So I’ll just make a top 10 list of all the things that are new with us or just things that I’ve been thinking about.
1. Knut played with the Good Shepherd team for the HIT basketball tournament this last weekend. They won the championship for their division. Way to go!
2. Elias has slept through the night in his own crib in the boy’s room for 2 nights in a row now. Mommy is happy!
3. Knut is starting the south beach diet today. I’m so proud of him.
4. I wonder if I will ever be able to go to a quilt/scrap/stamp retreat at Inspiration Point. I need to have to be able to leave all 3 kids with someone. Right now, Elias cannot be left. When he is weaned, the next obstacle will be finding someone who wants to watch my 3 kids for the weekend. Sigh…
5. We’re supposed to get about a foot of snow tomorrow. I’m a little anxious for spring to finally be here. I’m eager to get my hands dirty in the dirt, and have the kids play outside all morning. But snow is so pretty too. I think if I was from here, I wouldn’t say that!
6. Not a moment has gone by in the last week that Knut and I haven’t thought about all of our friends in the Fargo/Moorhead area. You wouldn’t believe some of the stories we heard from several people at the HIT tournament. They are still in our prayers, as we know it’s not over yet.
7. I’ve started working out 2-3 times a week during naptime. I do the Wholly Fit workout which is a Christian alternative to yoga. I LOVE IT! It has been a big blessing to me these last few weeks.
8. Over the last 2 months I’ve started a new tradition in our house of having a friday “tea party.” I’ve invited someone over during naptime on friday, and take out my nice china, iron a tablecloth, and sit and have adult conversation for a few hours over a pot or two of tea. Picking my guests so far has been very random, except I had my friend Candis come over first so I could ask her a bunch of questions as to how to serve tea. Most weeks, I just invited someone who I ran into and I kick myself saying “I really need to get together with her sometime.” It’s been a lot of moms with older or grown children who don’t work outside the home so far. I just didn’t want the distraction of more kids, and other ladies work during the day. It’s been so nice.
9. David colored all over my couch this last weekend with crayon. What happened was his race cars needed rockets, and the crayons became rockets and raced all over the couch. I haven’t cleaned it up yet.
10.Silje’s about ready to give up naps, but I’m digging my heels in. Maybe this summer we’ll try no napping so she’ll be ready for kindergarten.